Contact: 770-942-6576 | Report An Outage: 1-866-473-9786
Disclosure of Fees
Disclosure of Fees
Please note that this is not a complete list of all fees or charges that may be assessed by GreyStone Power. These fees are exclusive of electrical usage, monthly service fees, or other charges, and are subject to change without notice.
- Membership Fee – $10
- Connect/Processing Fee - $22
- Connect Temporary Service - $50 (To existing temporary pole.)
- Connect New Service After Hours - $35 (Connections scheduled outside normal business hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Additional Overtime Charge for Reconnection - $40
Important Information Regarding After-Hours Reconnections for Non-Prepaid Accounts
Normal reconnection hours for non-Prepaid accounts are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
When you make a payment Monday through Friday prior to 4 p.m. to have service restored the same day, there is no after-hours overtime charge. Payments made between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday or between 4 p.m. Friday and 4 p.m. Sunday may be reconnected same day, but these instances will incur a forty-dollar ($40) after-hours overtime charge that will appear on the next bill.
- *Reconnection of Electrical Service at the Meter following Disconnection for Non-Payment - $45 (Combined disconnect and reconnect charges.)
- *Trip Charge for On-Site Notification of Pending Disconnection for Non-Payment - $20 (Assessed only if payment is made prior to disconnection.)
- *Crew/Trip Charge for Disconnection at the Pole of Electrical Service for Non-Payment – $135
- *Crew/Trip Charge for Reconnection at the Pole of Electrical Service for Non-Payment – $135
- Returned Payment - $25 (Check, e-check, credit/debit card, or auto draft returned by financial institution as unpaid.) SEDC is our payment processor. Should an e-check not be honored by your bank, returned check fees may be charged by your bank, SEDC, and GreyStone Power.
- Late Payment Fee - 5% of past due balance for electric service.
- Trip Charge for Manual Meter Read - $20 (Assessed monthly when smart meter installation is refused.)
- Investigation for Tampering or Theft- (Power has been restored illegally.)
- 1st Incident of Tampering/Theft–$150 Minimum
- First incident where GreyStone Power identifies tampering and/or theft of seal and meter. Service is subject to be disconnected at the pole. All fees must be paid before restoration of service.
- 2nd Incident Tampering/Theft– $250 Minimum
- Second incident where GreyStone Power identifies tampering and/or theft of seal and/or meter. Service is subject to be disconnected at the pole. All fees must be paid before restoration of service.
- 1st Incident of Tampering/Theft–$150 Minimum
In addition to the investigation for tampering/theft fees, GreyStone Power may seek restitution for energy diverted and/or property damaged and may pursue legal action where it deems appropriate.
- Crew Required for Same Day Connection/Reconnection
- During normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - $135
- After hours: Monday through Thursday, 5:01 p.m. – 7:59 a.m.; Friday 5:01 p.m. through Monday 7:59 a.m. - $205
- Residential Meter Test - $50 (Member-requested meter testing. Fee will be waived if it is found to be defective.)
- Commercial Meter Test - $50 (Member-requested meter testing.)
- Install Security Light - $25 Minimum
- Connect an existing Security Light - $25 per light
- Install a Pole for a Security Light – $210 Minimum for above ground drop
Call for other commercial service fees and rates
(The above fees are exclusive of monthly service charges, energy charges, wholesale power cost adjustments, nor commercial demand, capacity coincident & non-coincident peak, fuel or facility charges, and are subject to change without notice.)
*Reasons for non-payment disconnections:
- Unpaid Past Due Balance
- Broken Payment Arrangement
- Returned Payment (i.e., check, credit card, bank draft, etc.)
A security deposit may be required at the initial request to start service. If service has been disconnected for non-payment, an additional deposit may be required. Reconnection fee and any past due balance must be paid prior to reconnection of service.
- Residential (Apartment, Townhouse, Mobile Home) – $250 Minimum
- Residential (Single Family Dwelling) –$220 or $360 Minimum, depending on Credit Score and other factors
- Residential Temporary Meter – $250/Location Minimum
- Commercial (New) – $500/Location Minimum (Increment depends on square footage, usage history, and estimate of consumption for specific commercial usage.)
- Commercial (Real Estate Agents, Landlords) – $250 Minimum for Residential Premises
- Builders, Developers, Other Commercial Services - Call for deposit quote
Third Party Fees for Non-Auto-Draft E-checks and Non-Auto-Draft Credit Card Payments Placed Online at www.GreyStonePower.com or made through Automated Phone System
GreyStone Power does not receive any benefit, profit, or compensation from the charging of these payment processing fees by our third-party payment service provider.
- $3.50 per credit card payment or $2.50 per e-check payment is charged to members through use of online bill pay or automated phone bill pay. To use a check by phone, an e-check profile is required and can be set up on the member portal through www.GreyStonePower.com.
To clarify when/how convenience fees are charged:
When paying a bill that is not an Invoice bill (no invoice number on the bill stub):
- Each account must be paid individually via automated phone system or portal with $3.50 convenience charge per account.
- No fee is charged at a kiosk or with cashier on-site. (Cashiers only accept cash or paper check.)
If the bill is an Invoice bill (there is an invoice number on the bill stub):
- If paying through the member portal: Make payment using the Invoice tab and only one $3.50 fee is charged on the transaction.
- Invoice tab will only appear if member receives an invoice bill.
- IMPORTANT: An e-check profile set up is required through the member portal, prior to using phone system to pay by checking account
Ways to avoid convenience fee(s):
- Auto Draft using checking account or credit/debit card (Set up Auto Draft and E-check Profile on member portal)
- Mail a check with stub in envelope provided
- For E-bill since no stub available: write account number(s) on check prior to mailing
- Pay at any kiosk location with cash, check, or credit/debit card (no money orders)
- Pay on-site with cashier using cash or paper check